IF14-2 1/10 EP TOURING CHASSIS KIT (Carbon Chassis Edition) CM00006 INFINITY CREATION MODEL
The IF14-II was created from the original IF14 car and what our designer and team drivers have realized is almost an all new platform.
- Create excellent steering response and traction for all levels of driver.
- Improve stability and reduce lap time drop-off during the second half of the races.
- Increase cornering performance by improved balance of the front and rear suspension arms
- ALUMINUM TURNBUCKLE : All turnbuckles are machined from duralumin and feature red anodizing. High strength and light weight at the same time, helping support the hubs and maximize the grip of the tire.
- HIGH QUALITY BALL BEARINGS: High-precision ball bearings are used in all areas of the car. A Light oil-lubricated version is used for the IF14-2, which further reduces rotational resistance.
- HIGH PRECISION AND HEAVY DUTY STEEL 4.9MM BALL END: A heavy duty, high-precision hard steel 4.9mm ball end with a very smooth ball surface is used throughout the IF14-2. Optional titanium ball ends are available offering a weight reduction of approximately 8 grams.
- HIGH PRECISION FRONT D.J.CVD AND LIGHTWEIGHT REAR CVD DRIVE SHAFT: The IF14-2 comes standard with double jointed CVD driveshaft at the front to significantly reduce vibration. The rear is equipped with a lightweight aluminum CVD driveshaft.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED 2 BELT DRIVE LAYOUT: To optimize the weight balance and the length of the front and rear belts we tested every conceivable motor and spur gear position. Based on the testing and feedback gathered by our factory drivers we moved the spur gear to the front of the motor while maintaining the original IF14 motor position. The layout made for the best driving feel, both on and off throttle, and enables the car to run at a constant speed throughout the race.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED ADJUSTABLE ACKERMANN STEERING PLATE: The proven twin crank steering layout has been brought over from the IF14 but now features adjustable Ackerman plates. By using these interchangeable steering plates its now possible to quickly adjust steering characteristics according to track conditions.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED CARBON MAIN CHASSIS AND TOP DECK: Chassis flex is a critical factor in determining driving characteristics in electric touring cars and the IF14-2 chassis layout has been fully re-designed based on data gathered from the original IF14. This new design also takes into account the position and number of screws used to connect the bulkheads and motor mount. Together with the new top deck and flex adjustment bridge the overall chassis flex can now be tuned perfectly to suit all types of track.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED SUSPENSION MOUNT: The suspension mounts continue to follow the IF14 inspired “separate” style but are now more lightweight and mount directly to a fixed suspension block on the chassis. Special shims can be placed between the suspension mounts and block to precisely adjust geometry.
- NEWLY DESIGNED LOWER BULKHEAD AND SUSPENSION MOUNT: The suspension mounts are now independent from the lower bulkheads and mounted directly to chassis. This increased stiffness around the front and rear bulkheads help to provide a more direct feel when driving.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED ADJUSTABLE UPPER CAMBER LINK MOUNT: The new upper camber link mounts are now separated from the upper bulkhead. This allows for the camber link mounting position to be fine-tuned with spacers, offering a wider range of suspension settings and fine-tuning.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED TOPDECK FLEX ADJUST BRIDGE: Chassis flex and control are key points in determining the cars on track performance, and for the IF14-2 we’ve developed a new top-deck flex adjustment bridge that allows you to adjust the chassis flex at the rear of the car. The chassis flex can now be set to three different levels by replacing or removing the adjustable bridge. Using this feature you are able balance chassis flex and pitching rigidity perfectly.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED GRAPHITE REAR CHASSIS STIFFENER: Another item that will give you a wider range of rear end chassis flex settings is the graphite rear chassis stiffener. The flex characteristics of the main chassis on the rear section can be adjusted to set the balance between traction and steering.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED LIGHTWEIGHT RESIN FRONT SPOOL AXLE: The newly designed front spool axle is now made from a plastic resign with interchangeable outdrives. Durable and lightweight it helps improve throttle response and drivability. Optional aluminium spool outdrives can be used to further reduce weight.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED CENTER AXLE AND SPUR GEAR HOLDER: The newly designed resin center pulley is larger (21T) offering better drive efficiency and minimising belt skip. The axle layshaft supported by the motor mount with a cantilever has 3 ball bearings and contributes to increase mounting rigidity of the center pulley and the spur gear.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED ALUMINUM INTEGRATED MOTOR MOUNT: The newly designed motor mount, precision machined from 7075T6 Aluminium is extremely strong and holds the cantilevered center axle shaft firmly in place. The motor mount features two rear belt guide rollers for optimal belt tension and minimal belt skip. Chassis flex can also be tuned using the multiple chassis mountings.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED ALUMINUM INTEGRATED SERVO MOUNT: The new servo mount, machined from 7075T6 Aluminium is simple in shape and lightweight but holds the servo firmly in place. The mount is fixed to the forward section of the chassis for better steering response and chassis flex.
- NEWLY-DESIGNED BATTERY HOLDER: The newly designed battery holder allows for quick and easy battery replacement without compromising chassis flex and can accommodate a variety of battery thicknesses. In addition, the left to right battery position can be adjusted for weight balance.
- PRO GEAR DIFF: Standard in the IF14-2 is the Progear diff featuring ball bearing support on the diff shafts for smooth and stable operation over a long period of time. For easy maintenance the outdrive cups can be replaced without disassembling the diff body. Optional aluminium outdrives can be fitted to further reduce weight.
If you are going to race it, it's appropriate to fit your electronics choice according to the category.
- Stock 21.5T - 21.5 turn motor and ESC with fixed timing, approved battery and tires
- Stock 17.5T - 17.5 turn motor and ESC with fixed timing, approved battery and tires
- Stock 13.5T - 13.5 turn motor and ESC with fixed timing, approved battery and tires
- Modified - open motor (i.e. 4.5T) and ESC with timing, approved tires
*Specific category/class and their regulations can vary on different races/championships - it is often required to pick from a list of approved bodies, various minimum weight of the car etc. We recommend checking the regulations directly from where you are going to.